Thursday, December 8, 2016

Final Anthology Project (Introduction, link to five revised blog post, and conclusion)

Final Anthology
            Throughout the semester, we explored many topics including learning an “arsenal of key terms”, writing and revising habits, and different genre of writing. We wrote many different types of blog posts such as writing a review, a film analysis, and a cooking show script. These blog posts we made fitted into the overall theme of food, feelings, and film because we incorporated one of the three aspects in our writing, if not more at times.  Writing some of these blog post, especially smaller ones, helped me develop my unique writing style and worked on some of my recurring problems. Getting feedbacks on my earlier, less intense blog posts about things I can work allowed me to pay closer attention to similar problems whenever I am writing longer essays. As part of my reflection, I chose five blog posts that summed up my time during my time in English class: “How Pizza Changed My Life Forever, Buzzfeed Reaction”, “How to improve my Food Blog Proposal”, “How Morgan Freeman would narrate the opening scene of Eat Drink Man Woman”, and “The Lover’s Pie”. I placed these blog posts in that particular order because it is in chronological order when we wrote them for class. I chose to order them in chronological order because I can show my progress and the different paths we took throughout the course. Each post is a different genre of writing that we explored throughout this semester, allowing me to improve on all genre of writing. Each blog post I revised has a link back to the original document.

http://jonathanlung.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-pizza-changed-my-life-forever.html
http://jonathanlung.blogspot.com/2016/12/buzzfeed-reactions-revised.html
http://jonathanlung.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-to-improve-my-food-blog-proposal.html
http://jonathanlung.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-morgan-freeman-would-narrate.html
http://jonathanlung.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-lovers-pie-revised.html

The five blog posts I chose highlight the semester of topics that we learned in class. In my first blog post “How Pizza Changed My Life Forever”, I reflected on how one particular food influenced me. The essay also helped me focus on how to make my paper very descriptive such as “juicy pizza filled with melted cheese and crunchy pepperoni” as an example. The next blog post “Buzzfeed Reactions” focused on the analysis of a video, specifically two videos for my particular blog post. For example, I noted on the participants age range, which were between “young teenagers to the elderlies”, and recorded their reactions as shown in the video. “How to improve my Food Blog Proposal” blog post helped me improve my main food blog post proposal by offering different insight into the proposal. One suggestion was to “avoid excessively using phrases such as “I want” and “I plan” throughout the proposal”, which I took the suggestion and did change in my food blog proposal. One of my favorite blog assignment was the “How Morgan Freeman would narrate the opening scene of Eat Drink Man Woman.” The assignment was to create a voice over an opening scene to the movie so I decided to make it humorous. One example I wrote in the voiceover was when I commented “An arsenal of knives. Anger issues. Real play-doh” during the scene when the scene cuts from a wide shot of the kitchen full of knives to the main character pounding dough. I took a legitimate, non-humorous scene and commented with wild speculation and wrong information to create the feeling that the narrator does not know anything.  Finally, my blog post “The Lover’s Pie” helped me focuse on the audience to whom I am writing for. I introduced my blog post saying, “The pie we are making today is called The Lover’s Pie. My pie will consist of chocolate, eggs, salt, milk, honey, and chili pepper”; I wrote the sentence in the style where I am talking to the reader instead of being third person narration. All of these blog posts taught me different skills, but each blog post carved a path for me to discuss about food, feelings, and film throughout the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment